Autotransplantation is a valuable technique offering a physiological type of tooth replacement to patients with missing teeth. Teeth with open apices (50-75% apical closure) will regenerate with vitality following autotransplantation. The success rate following an autotransplantation is 82%. The remaining 18% can usually still be treated successfully with a simple additional treatment. The tooth survival rate 10 years after autotransplantation is higher than 90%. The use of 3D techniques makes it possible to create a pre-operative replica of the donor tooth. With this, a new alveolus can be prepared at the transplant site even before extraction. This technique reduces the extra-alveolar time for the donor tooth and minimises the possibility of iatrogenic damage. This results in a streamlined procedure, enabling better planning with better results.
D. Anssari Moin
J.P.R. van Merkesteyn
|Publicatiedatum||8 juli 2016|
|Editie||Ned Tijdschr Tandheelkd - Jaargang 123 - editie 7-8 - juli en augustus 2016; 348-353|